Grilled Lime Margarita
Write a review
- 3 oz Juice from grilled limes (about 2-3 limes)
- 2 oz Tequila
- 1 oz Simple syrup (1 cup granulated sugar dissolved in 1 cup water)
- 1 Tbs Orange liqueur
- 1 tsp Smokey Lime Salt (zest of 1 lime, 1 Tbs sea salt, 1 Tbs granulated sugar, 1 tsp Smoked Alder Wood Salt mixed together on a shallow plate)
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- Pre heat Fire Magic grill on high. Slice limes in half and dip the open face in granulated sugar. Place limes on the hot grill, face down, and sear 4-5 minutes or until sugar begins to caramelize and you can see grill marks. Remove from heat and allow to cool for 10 minutes.
- In a cocktail shaker filled with ice, combine the juice of the grilled limes, tequila, simple syrup and orange liqueur. Shake and serve over ice in a glass rimmed with Smokey Lime Salt.
- This recipe makes 1 cocktail. Use the “3:2:1” ratio to make a larger quantity. The simple syrup will keep well in the refrigerator for up to one month.
Fire Magic Grills http://www.firemagicgrills.com/