Moroccan Lamb Rotisserie with Apricot Mint Pesto
Write a review
- 5 lb deboned and butterflied Leg of Lamb
- 1 tsp Coriander
- 1 tsp Paprika
- ¼ tsp Cumin
- ½ tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp Turmeric
- ¼ tsp Aleppo Pepper
- 1 Tbs Kosher Salt
- 1 Tbs Pine Nuts, toasted
- 1 Tbs Mint
- 3 cloves Garlic
- 1 Tbs Rosemary
- 1 Tbs dried Apricot
- Zest of 1 Lime
- In a small bowl, make the rub by combining the coriander, paprika, cumin, garlic powder, turmeric, Aleppo pepper and kosher salt. Set aside.
- To make the apricot mint pesto, combine the pine nuts, mint, garlic, rosemary, dried apricot and lime zest in a small food processor and pulse 10-15 times until finely minced.
- On a large cutting board, lay out the deboned and butterflied leg of lamb. Season generously with salt and cracked pepper. Evenly distribute the Apricot Mint Pesto across the butterflied meat. Tightly roll the meat widthwise and tie with butcher’s twine. Generously season the tightly rolled leg of lamb with the Moroccan Rub.
- Follow the Fire Magic Rotisserie set up instructions and evenly secure the leg of lamb on the meat holder.
- Using the Fire Magic Backburner on high, roast 1hr-1 ½ hours or until internal temperature reads 145* for medium rare. Remove from grill and place on a cutting board and allow to cool for 15 minutes. Slice into 1” medallions crosswise and serve warm.
Fire Magic Grills http://www.firemagicgrills.com/