GRILLED CHICKEN BAHN MI
1 ½ lbs boneless skinless chicken thighs
3 tbs good mayonnaise
½ cup cilantro leaves, rinsed and dried
4 rolls (we like ours light and airy with a nice flaky crust)
For the Chicken Marinade
3 tbs fish sauce
2 tbs soy sauce, regular
2 tbs maple syrup, grade B preferred
1 tbs brown sugar
1 tbs garlic, minced
1 tbs ginger, minced
1 tsp toasted sesame oil
4 scallions, minced
½ tsp fresh ground pepper
1 tbs white wine
For the Pickled Veggies
1 ½ cups carrots, sliced matchstick style
1 cup radish, thinly sliced rounds
1 cup apple cider vinegar
1 tbs kosher salt
2 tbs granulated sugar
Prep Time: 6 Hours
Cook Time: 6 Minutes
- Begin by marinating the chicken thighs. In a medium bowl, combine chicken thighs with fish sauce, soy sauce, maple syrup, brown sugar, garlic, ginger, sesame oil, scallions, ground pepper, and white wine. Marinate 4-6 hours or over night in refrigerator.
- Pickle veggies. In a medium bowl, combine carrots and radishes with apple cider vinegar, salt and sugar. Refrigerate a minimum of 1 hour.
- Preheat Fire Magic Grill to 450*. Grill chicken thighs 3-4 minutes per side or until the internal temperature reads 160*.
- Pull from grill and allow to rest 5 minutes while assembling sandwiches.
- We like to lightly warm or toast our buns on the grill for 1-2 minutes for added texture and flavor.
- Slice bun in half and spread both sides with good quality mayonnaise. Fill bun with chicken, pickled veggies and cilantro. Enjoy!