PIZZA WITH FIG AND PROSCIUTTO
- 4 cups unbleached, all-purpose flour|
- 1 tbs rapid-rise dry active yeast
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 2 tsp granulated sugar
- 1 1/4 cup hot water, (imagine the temperature of hot tea)
- 1/2 cup Olivio extra virgin olive oil
- Your favorite pizza dough
- 1 Tbs corn meal (optional)
- 1 clove crushed garlic
- 3 Tbs Extra Virgin Olive Oil, divided
- 3 Tbs fig spread (Dalmatia Fig Spread is delicious)
- ½ cup sliced dried Turkish figs
- 4-5 thin slices of Prosciutto di Parma, or enough to cover the pizza
- 2 oz blue cheese, crumbled
- 1 handful fresh chive to garnish
Cook Time: Approximately 5 Minutes until cheese and prosciutto start to turn crispy.
- For the dough: Gently incorporate all dry ingredients using an electric mixer with the dough hook attachment.
- In a 2 cup liquid measuring cup, combine 1 1/4 cup hot water (approx 120 degrees) with 1/2 cup Olivio extra virgin olive oil.
- With the mixer on low, slowly pour water/oil mixture down the side of mixing bowl.
- Mix on medium low until dough comes away from sides of bowl and begins to form a ball, about 5 minutes. If the mixture appears dry, add a little more Olivio olive oil down the side (not water).
- TIP: It works best to use olive oil (not flour) on your work surface to keep the dough from sticking while you knead and roll it out.
- Drizzle a little Olivio olive oil on your work surface. I like to work directly on my counter! Take ball of dough and knead a few times by hand on counter surface, then re-shape into a ball.
- Drizzle about 3 Tbs of Olivio olive oil around the side of the mixing bowl and return the ball of dough to the bowl. Turn the dough ball a few times, flipping it over so that it is covered with olive oil.
- Cover the bowl with cotton towel and let rise in a warm location for approx. 30 minutes while preparing your toppings.
- Place the FireMagic Pizza Stone directly on cooking grids.
- Fire up the grill and allow the pizza stone to preheat over medium high heat for 10 minutes with the lid down.
- On a clean work surface, roll out dough 1/8” thin. Sprinkle pizza stone with a pinch of corn meal to keep dough from sticking and par bake until air pockets begin to form, about 3 minutes. The outside should form a soft crust and the interior should still be chewy. This is a great technique to do in advance when you are entertaining or baking multiple pizzas. These “shells” stack neatly and you avoid the risk of them sticking to the paddle after you have them topped with your favorite ingredients.
- In a small dish, infuse 2 Tbs with garlic. For a more intense flavor, use a heat safe dish and place over indirect heat.
- Baste the flash baked dough with EVOO and Garlic mixture.
- Using a spoon, place generous dollops of fig paste evenly across pizza
- Dress with sliced, dried Turkish figs.
- Delicately lay over prosciutto and top with crumbled blue cheese.
- Bake approx 5 minutes, or until cheese melts and prosciutto begins to crisp
- Remove from the pizza stone and garnish with fresh chive off heat. Slice and serve hot!