STRIP STEAK WITH ORANGE TARRAGON COMPOUND BUTTER
4x 8oz strip steak
1/2 cup soften butter (I love using Olivio spreadable butter made with the goodness of Mediterranean olive oil)
2 tbs tarragon, minced
1 tbs orange zest
2 tbs shallot, minced
Extra virgin olive oil
Kosher salt and cracked pepper
Prep Time: 25 Minutes
Total Time: 30 Minutes
- 1. Preheat the grill to 450*
- 1. Using a rubber spatula, whip together the butter, tarragon, orange, shallot and a pinch of salt.
- 2. Form a log with the butter mixture. Waxed paper or plastic wrap work well for rolling the soft mixture. Chill for 20 minutes or until ready to serve the steak.
- 1. Pat steak dry with a paper towel. Excess water will create a steam effect and limit your ability to achieve a great sear. Place a drop of extra virgin olive oil on each side of the steak and rub in a pinch of salt and pepper on all sides.
- 2. Using grill tongs, evenly distribute meat over the heat. Sear on each side 3-4 minutes. Strip steaks usually have a nice piece of fat running along one edge. In the final 60 seconds before pulling the meat from the grill, use the tongs to rest the steak along this fat edge. Let the flames render off the fat and leave you with awesome charbroiled flavor!
- 3. While the steak is still hot, slice a medallion of the compound butter and let melt on top. Let the meat rest for 5 minutes before slicing into this iron rich goodness. Enjoy!