Five Spice Salted and Fried Meaty Spare Ribs
We love using the Fire Magic burner unit when we fry up these delicious appetizers. Oil can leave a messy residue in the kitchen which we don’t worry about al fresco. Not to mention, the oil heats up in a fraction of the time as a result of the BTU strength! No need to stand around hungry
Write a review
- 2 lbs Meat Pork Ribs
For the Five Spice Salt
- 2 Tbs Sea Salt
- 1 Tbs Black Peppercorns
- 1 Tsp Chinese 5 Spice Powder
- 2 Tbs Soy Sauce
- 1 Tsp granulated Sugar
- 1 Tbs White Wine
- ½ Tsp ground Pepper
- ¼ Cup of corn starch
- 8 cups canola oil, for frying
- Using a cleaver, chop spare ribs into 2” pieces.
- In a medium bowl, toss ribs with 1 Tbs Five Spice Salt mix.
- Add marinade to the bowl and toss well to coat the meat evenly.
- Refrigerate over night.
- Bring canola oil to 350* in a medium large sauce pan with high sides on Fire Magic Burner unit.
- Toss ribs in corn starch. Fry for 3 minutes. Pull from oil and allow to drain 2 minutes, then re-fry for an additional 1-2 minutes. This second step gives an extra delicious crispy texture. Serve hot.
Fire Magic Grills http://www.firemagicgrills.com/