Grilled Chicken Bahn Mi
Grilled Ginger Scallion Chicken Bahn Mi with Pickled Carrots and Cilantro
- 1 ½ lbs boneless skinless Chicken Thighs
- 3 Tbs good Mayonnaise
- ½ cup Cilantro leaves, rinsed and dried
- 4 Rolls (we like ours light and airy with a nice flaky crust)
- 3 Tbs Fish Sauce
- 2 Tbs Soy sauce, regular
- 2 Tbs Maple Syrup, grade B preferred
- 1 Tbs Brown Sugar
- 1 Tbs Garlic, minced
- 1 Tbs Ginger, minced
- 1 tsp Toasted Sesame Oil
- 4 Scallions, minced
- ½ tsp Fresh Ground Pepper
- 1 Tbs White Wine
- 1 ½ cups Carrots, sliced matchstick style
- 1 cup Radish, thinly sliced rounds
- 1 cup Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 Tbs Kosher Salt
- 2 Tbs granulated Sugar
- Begin by marinating the Chicken Thighs. In a medium bowl, combine chicken thighs with fish sauce, soy sauce, maple syrup, brown sugar, garlic, ginger, sesame oil, scallions, ground pepper, and white wine. Marinate 4-6 hours or over night in refrigerator.
- Pickle veggies. In a medium bowl, combine carrots and radishes with Apple Cider Vinegar, salt and sugar. Refrigerate a minimum of 1 hour.
- Preheat Fire Magic Grill to 450*. Grill chicken thighs 3-4 minutes per side or until the internal temperature reads 160*.
- Pull from grill and allow to rest 5 minutes while assembling sandwiches.
- We like to lightly warm or toast our buns on the grill for 1-2 minutes for added texture and flavor.
- Slice bun in half and spread both sides with good quality Mayonnaise. Fill bun with Chicken, Pickled Veggies and Cilantro. Enjoy!
Fire Magic Grills https://www.firemagicgrills.com/